Friday, August 26, 2011

Master Bedroom

This painting was done by the famous artist of Andrew Wyeth. This picture really stuck out to me because we actually have it hanging in my parent's master bedroom in our house. I like the realistic style that he captured the painting and the feeling I get when looking at it, I almost want to curl up and sleep right next to the dog. The subject matter sticks out for me also because it's such a simple concept, having a dog just sleeping on a bed, but in a way, it's much more then just that. It's the peaceful easy time of mid-morning or day that brings the painting to reality. Also the process it was created in with the dark gloomy but yet almost dirt color adds to the feel of the time of day in the picture and the overall affect of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment